Wollongong Coal is committed to constructively engaging with the local community. Our community engagement activities, including community consultation and information sessions, are designed to provide information on our current and planned projects and operations.
Wollongong Coal is an important part of the community in which it operates and takes pride in the partnerships it develops and benefits it delivers. Wollongong Coal strives to create opportunities for ongoing growth and development. Whether through contributions to charities, sponsorship of local groups and organisations or employment opportunities, the company is committed to continued improvement in the community. Company growth will further expand Wollongong Coal’s ability to invest in the social and economic well-being of the Illawarra.
Wollongong Coal commits to:
- Treating all community members who engage with us courteously, respectfully and in a professional manner;
- Explaining things clearly and simply and not using jargon, so as to avoid confusion or misunderstanding;
- Endeavouring to ensure that all information provided is accurate and up to date; and
- Encouraging feedback from the community, provided it does not:
- harass, insult or appear abusive towards others;
- make defamatory, libelous, false or misleading comments; or
- appear repetitious, such as continuing to raise multiple versions of the same issue when genuine attempts have been made to respond to the matter.